How a Central Boiler outdoor boiler works
- The Central Boiler outdoor boiler is located outside, typically 10 to 100 metres (but as far as 200 metres) away from your home or building, and works with any existing heating system.
- A water jacket surrounds the boiler firebox and heat exchanger, and heated water is circulated to your home or building through insulated underground heat main — an efficient way to move heat over distances.
- The outdoor boiler is designed to work with any existing heating system. Water-to-air or water-to-water heat exchangers or direct circulation conveys the heat into the structure’s heating system. This allows you normal thermostatic temperature control.
- The outdoor boiler can provide heat for all your domestic hot water.
- The outdoor boiler has the ability to heat multiple buildings, such as a garage, workshop, shed, greenhouse, or barn — without using other heating sources. It can even be used to heat a swimming pool or hot tub.